Pinellas County SCORE consists of 40+ volunteers: young and old, working and retired, from all types of backgrounds. Our SCORE Chapter Business meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at Keiser University, 16120 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL.and Ulmerton Road. Note: periodically monthly meetings are held at other locations. We start the meetings at 9:30 AM and adjourn at 11:30 AM. Coffee & Snacks provided. You are welcome to join us at any of our monthly meetings and hopefully this will be your first step toward becoming a SCORE volunteer.
SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, in person, by phone, video and/or email. We lead seminars and workshops to help small business owners meet their goals and achieve success. We help expand outreach of SCORE through marketing and alliance building in our local communities. We provide subject matter expertise by industries and professional skills.
Volunteering as a SCORE mentor means you are joining a community of more than 10,000 diverse volunteers who are all committed to helping small business owners succeed. Whether you have owned your own small business, or are from a Fortune 500 company, retired, college student, have a sincere commitment for helping small businesses or volunteering, there is a place for you as SCORE volunteer.
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Share your success and expertise through mentoring
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide video, email or telephone mentoring directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE
- Serve within other important Chapter functions, such as Marketing, IT, Administration, Clerical, Finance, Fundraising, or Human Resources.
- Have flexibility with your volunteering time
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Receive a variety of personal, local and national rewards.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Share great experience with other SCORE volunteers
- Provide leadership in the business community
- Gain recognition and respect as a business mentor
- Grow professionally and personally
- Participate in lifelong learning
- Make new friends